View Single Post
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Nov-23-21, 19:14

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 188/150/135 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

Hi Jandy -

Not only are you not alone, I could have written what you did! When our emotions take over it is VERY hard to get back to what we want - which is good health.

I've had a very difficult 18 months. Besides the pandemic, I had unexpected surgery with both good & not-so-good results, prescribed a statin which I took for a year with not-so-good results, the loss of my favorite donkey, marriage difficulties, & a return to binging. I hadn't eaten bread for years but was suddenly craving it. Wheat is NOT my friend! My bg was (is) out of control & I gained 10 pounds. I don't dare gain any more - I gave away all my obese clothes a few years ago.

Like in AA, this is one day at a time. Fall down - get up. Every morning start over. Be honest with yourself and others. I've found myself telling people I have an eating disorder, something I was too ashamed of to admit in the past.

As for the food, we're all different. While we're all low-carb, it looks different for each of us. Experiment with types of food, amounts, timing, IF, whatever you want to try. Keep a record - I've kept a food diary for years that also includes my exercise, bg, weight, & side effects. It's a big help to look back at what worked in the past - and at what didn't.

Wishing you the best!