#354   ^
Old Wed, Jul-10-19, 10:37

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaser
It might work because as the Dr. says, it's "ascetic." I wouldn't call it ascetic--but some versions use no condiments at all, not everybody even salts their meat. It's a highly palatable diet, but it's not a hyperpalatable diet in the sense of high variety, high sugar etc. I sort of like to look at this alternately as giving a fairly simple signal to the sensory apparatus of the appetite, do all those flavours make food more palatable, yes, but they also give the brain etc. more work to do to figure out just what we're eating and how much is enough and how much too much.

This concept makes a lot of sense to me, since going Keto with meat, high fat dairy, eggs, and minimal plants I have a different set of taste buds.

Simple things now taste as good as more complicated things. Some of that is how I am cooking with fresh ingredients and that will always give a leg up, but I did that when I ate somewhat higher carb levels. So it seems like they have been sharpened, sensitized.

I really don't eat unless hunger becomes distracting, and then I try to seek out what I am craving, which for a GIANT change, is always something good for me It is incredibly tasty then.

I think I'm just constituted to do well on this low carb level. And my weight and my relationship with carbs are bound together: I know what I weigh when I eat 50 carbs a day, and I know what I weigh when I eat 20, and it's a lot of difference, at least now. And this is after successful weight loss and maintenance over years.