View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 12:00

Plan: atkins
Stats: 212/169/140 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default newbie, pilates question and advice needed!

Hey all!
Glad I found this site it seems this is the place I can find the guidance I'm looking for.
Here goes....
I just purchased "Pilates for Dummies" (quit laughing!) I chose this dvd because in the past I bought two other Pilates tapes and they were to difficult for me, meaning they didnt explain things well and went to fast, didnt give me a chance to really understand the routine. I love the way this DVD is presented, the host takes her time explaining the movements, she points out common mistakes in form that people make, she puts everything in SIMPLE terms explains EACH and EVERY movement before presetning it to you and then you do it with her. I guess you can tell Im loving this dvd.
Anyhow, I am about as flexible as a board, I'm not sure when this happened, perhaps when I gained that extra 72 pounds (which i'm in the process of losing... 29 pounds to go....) I used to be an athlete, a runner, and an excercise nut! That was about 4 years ago. (Sorry im rambling but I want to give as much info as possible so you all can understand my situation and give me the best advice!)
Although I'm LOVING this tape it is still difficult for me not being very flexible, I also do the FIRM tapes on my off days. My initial plan was to do this tape 3 days a week and the FIRM on the other days. Is this enough pilates to see a difference? Should I be doing it more than three days a week? Also how long before my body adjusts to the movements and they become easier for me... I YEARN FOR FLEXIBILITY!!! Also on this dvd she does each movement a total of ten times is this the norm?
Any advice is appreciated, I'm so new to Pilates!!!
Thanx in advance!
Sponsored Links