View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Jun-08-11, 07:52

Plan: Less than 30 grams a day
Stats: 259/241/155 Female 69 inches
BF:Yes
Progress: 17%

Yes, I've definitely turned into a low carb food snob! I didn't set out to become one...it just happened as I have become more and more educated about the food I put into my body.

I lived on food that was boxed or bagged and ate very little vegetables, fruit, fat or protein which is how I got to the point of being completely unhealthy.

Now, I don't buy anything that comes boxed that I can think of except for the quarters of butter I buy. I pretty much shop in the fruits/vegetable, meat and dairy sections of the store.

I've gotten very picky about my eggs...they must be free range/cage free, organically vegetarian fed and no hormones or antibiotics.

I'd like to stick to beef that is grass-fed and hormone free but can't always afford to feed a family of 5 on the price that type of beef commands.

Chicken...I look for range free organically fed but again..not always available or too expensive.

I will have nothing to do with anything dairy that has low or reduced fat on the label or ingredients.

I have to constantly keep my comments in check too regarding food when I see people eating nothing but processed crap. I always want to ask them ... "do you have any clue what the stuff is doing to your body and overall health?" But of course, I don't because then I'd not only be a food snob...I'd just be a constant pain the a**! But I really do want to say something!

Instead I concentrate on my own choices. I put a lot of thought into what I buy and read EVERY label. So I'm okay with being labeled a food snob because I know first hand what not being a food snob can and will do to me!