#14   ^
Old Sat, Jun-28-14, 13:10

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreen T
As to Margay's original question, Breyers Canada makes only one "no sugar added" ice cream product (vanilla) .. http://www.breyers.ca/product/detai...r-added-vanilla. I've never tried it, and from reading the ingredients list .. I never will. "Milk ingredients" and "modified milk ingredients", plus a long list of processed gums, thickeners and bulking agents to make up for the missing fat. I'm imagining sweet-tasting frozen plastic . Also, it's still quite high in carbs. According to the nutrient panel, a 125ml serving (½ cup) has 14g total carbs, minus 2g sugar alcohols and 0g fiber = 12g net carbs. Hardly a low-carb bargain!
I have not looked for LC-friendly ice cream in the store for a long time. All the no-sugar added ice creams I ever saw were FULL of all sorts of nasty frankenfood ice creams. And of course all the no-sugar-added ice creams I ever saw also proudly trumpeted that they were "fat free" as well! Fat-free ice "cream" is an oxymoron if I ever heard from. And of course making them fat-free seriously jacks up the carb count. If I wanted ice cream that badly I'd definitely have to make my own were I coulc make it with real cream. If anyone ever made a full-fat no-sugar added ice cream I *might* be tempted to give it a try, but can't envision such a product on the horizon.