#5   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-02, 14:58
Registered Member

Plan: sugarbusters
Stats: 270/242.00/142
BF:
Progress: 22%
Default low carbs vrs low calorie

How nice to find your answers to my post.

Very informative and interesting since most of my correspondence has been with women {except LCER NW}

I guess I experienced some sort of revelation myself when I went from babysitting monday three weeks ago to crutches for two days with a severe case of gout in wrists, ankles, knees, fingers and maybe even the vertibrae.

I went to the rehumi who was treating me for her guess of gout {no test come out positive} and she increased medication to include more colchicine and eventually allopurinol.

I cried because I was taking HB pills, Prilosec for gerd and lipitor for cholesterol and a bunch of other stuff for pain. It was then I said I need to do something other than take pills.

On the intenet I found someone who suggested cherry extract juice capsules and I have been taking them with the low dose of colchicine and ate a sparse diet of frozen fruit, eggs and broccoli. Three weeks and no sign of gout . I have added some chicken and turkey to my diet and record my food intake like it was medicine on fitday.com.

I will keep searching about the low carb method and will find what will work for me.
I have in fact been using Ultra bs meter and found most carbs spike my bs quite a bit even tho they are supposedly high fiber. A bannana can send it to 175. a sweet potato to 195. the only time I had any reading over 200 to 300 was when I decided to eat a few cookies. I guess I needed to see the affects for sure.

Even tho the intern last time around thought my fasting BS in the am at 88 was good, I feel that I would like it never to go over 145 in response to food although it would be nice not to go over 120. Even with low carbs I find it spiking over 120 after eating.
I read somewhere while getting to Old Salty's information, that portion controll was the answer.

I thought that to mean, what I have to do is half of a banana, 1/2 small sweet potato one slice of sgww grain bread etc.

I guess I can try that and in the mean time I do 2 oz protein in am, 4oz of protein at lunch; and 6 oz of protein at dinner.
So I have blueberries for snack {frozen] and allow one treat of klondike bar, no sugar low fat.
and of course free veggies and salad if I feel hungry.

This was the prescription for WW in the 70's where it was following a basic ADA diet. The pyrymid has changed to more carbs and less protein with their pt system allowing you to eat anything, even chocolate.

You men are an inspiration to me. Particularly how open you are about your other past indulgences. My past indulgences were moping over a crashed 37 year old marriage.
What I wasted on that guy!!!

I don't think you know how much your masculine presence in your voice/writings, is appreciated. I have 5 brothers that live in NY and they are so backward, even though we have been dragging them into the 21 st century via the computer, kicking and screeming, they are so in denial of everything that would help them live a better life. {all of us retired excepting one 72 year old still working}

Again, I hope this is one of many posts that you share with me.