#2   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-02, 12:32
Registered Member

Plan: sugarbusters
Stats: 270/242.00/142
BF:
Progress: 22%
Default Hi SAlt lake city man

I have been told I was insulin resistant several years ago, but my endocrinologyst didn't see the problem as the nutritionst did.

I have relocated to be closer to my only son and family, so with a new doctor, she does not explain what she thinks about my weight excepting that I lie about what I'm consuming. She claims people like me eat an additional 2,000 cal above what we say we eat.

She suggested that I eat carbs that have fiber, {okay} and take glucophage as a way of reducing insulin and warding off diabetes. Claims that this is new thinking,{ha! at last new thoughts} and that it was also an appitite suppressor!!!

Now, I thought this is in keeping with the low carbo eating, saying that if we do not eat the sugar inducing carbs, we prevent big insulin pump and keep the insulin level down, causing no increase in appetite, WITH OUT A PRESCRIPTION DRUG ie: glucophage.

But she disagrrees with me about keeping out too much fruit and WW bread, ww pasta , starchy veggies:ie sweet potato. corn etc.

I feel that I want to go on ATkins but I need to be monitored with frequent B tests to make sure the cholesterol does not spike. After all, If I can consume what you are allowed to eat on Atkins, I have a better chance of success, than if I modify it to the point that I'm not satiated and hence failure again.

I also suffer from gout and the last episode was 3 weeks ago. I found on the internet a suggestion that all fruit for two weeks would be good and adding cherry juice extract capsule to my cochicine doses daily.

Sometimes I get confused, because I can no longer trust their advice, it is too little, too fleeting and totally non understanding.
In the end, I have no choice, when something goes wrong and I get more meds pushed on me. With out thoughts of how to adjust someother way.