View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Sep-07-10, 14:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/160/135 Female 5"5"
BF:
Progress:
Default "What Your Doctor May Not Tell you About Fibromyalgia"

Yawza, sis you get the wrong info about the Gauifenesin Protocol.
Heck yeah, if ya just go out and buy some guai and take it (For Fibro, I'm assuming) then you got mighty sick and hate Gaui and want to warn the world.
I do not blame you at all. But there was a very big failure to communicate if someone did this to you.
Hi, my name is Deb, Fibrogirl Deb, Chicago. I got super Fibro sick when I was 39, I'm 46 now. I went through all the normal stuff of 50+ docs + the Mayo clinic + losing everything and just about everyone! As we all are at times suicidal, etc. If I didn't have a younger up and coming husband I'd have offed myself. But you got some really bad info. The Gaui Protocol is not just where you go out and buy some guai and get sick and get mad and yell at the world.
It is first and foremost a book: called "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Fibromyalgia" By Dr. R. Paul St. Amand. Who is like 84 now, so if he gave you the wrong info, I really do feel bad for you. The Gaui Protocol, first of all is the diet that this site promotes and 2nd it teaches you to get your sleep ritual working for you to get into the 4th level of deep healing sleep.
If you'd ever read the book, and only did those 2 things, you'd feel much better, most of us figure that out on our own, actually.
The Guai portion is about 10x harder than chemo-therapy. People with cancer and Fibro would rather have their cancer back than go through the Guai portion of the protocol.
It CAN make you so sick you want to quit every hour of every day. And if you don't have a Doctor who understands the Guai Protocol then you are in for a rough time as I can see by your post.
When done properly, yes the Gaui is supposed to make you sicker, much sicker if you take too much. The problem is that idiot doctors don't read the book and screw people up, like you. WOW, and what is so sad is that you had just entered the first phase of the reversal of your illness.
It is NOT a miracle pill...well actually it is, ONLY IF YOU DO IT PROPERLY, by first reading the book and understanding that you are supposed to get sick.
Heck if it were as easy as just taking this silly pill, we'd all be healed.
I have Fibro and got very sick and bed-ridden for 2 years and lost it all, as we all do. I did the Guai Protocol (properly) and yes you take a stroll through hell, as your condition reverses itself. It is only for the strongest of us.
And there are many months of preparation you have to go through before you ever take that first pill. You simply cannot just go out and get some guai and expect it to fix your life. It does work, but only if you get the proper info about your dosage and have the time to be sick, just as you would with chemo-therapy. My Fibro cleared in only 14 months (I cheated and used pain pills and upped my dose often to get through the UGH part as fast as possible) I can now run 10 miles a day. Yes, it is a hellish protocol, and not for the feint of heart. There IS no cure for Fibro. But this is the closest thing we have and I am in a permanent remission now since 2007. My goal in life is to stop these idiot doctors from prescribing Guai without understanding and giving out the book first.
I am a scientist, my Father is a drug chemist and we both laughed at how silly this Mucinex/guai idea was. SO I did it just so could go out and yell at everyone that it is stupid too! 6 months into the hell I began to get good days. I was in shock. Then in 12 months I felt cured. In 14 months my final symptom of anxiety vanished and that was it. All done. I will never ever go a day without my Guai until I die. It flippin' worked! It was hell, but that crazy thing worked! I even video-taped a bit every week and will upload it asap.
(waiting on a a Mac Mini cable)
The only problem is idiots who tell you to go out and start taking Guai, just like that. It happens every day. Even dentists now tell Fibros to take Guai.
IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY. Oh they anger me by giving incomplete info and make people suffer when all that shoul've done is to tell them just to read the book, find a GOOD Guai doc who can guide your dosage so that it is tolerable and give you meds to make it through that hellish portion.
I now take about 2400mg of Guai every day and it feels like nothing. Like I took a baby aspirin. (Now, that is)
Here's another way to say this: why is it that a normal person can take Mucinex/Guai and all they get is relief from cold/flu symptoms. Why did YOU get sick from that same med? IT MEANS YOU HAVE FIBRO, SINCE ONLY FIBROS REACT WITH SEVERE UGH! When THEY take it.
It is only more proof that you DO have Fibro and what really makes me feel for you is that you just smacked right up against the fix, and walked away angry only because you got some really bad info on Guai and how to use it.
I am so sorry this happened to you. I really am. But I'm angrier at the doc who told you to do this without the proper guidelines and prepping for it.
Low carb diet and sleep rituals are part of the book too. I'm just a housewife in Chicago, who fights against stupid doctors who make the protocol look so bad, and create Guai haters, when so many could be healed if only they knew the whole story. I am very very sorry this happened to you.
dkrolls~swbell.net
If you want the book for free, I send them out for this very reason. Amazon has used ones. The library has them too. They did not write the book for profit. It is a non-profit organization. They wrote the book so crap that happened to you stops.