#7   ^
Old Sun, May-05-19, 13:22

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotonpal
What I have believed for a long time is that fat shaming is horrible and the fat positivity movement is in part a reaction to the pervasive fat shaming that goes on in all parts of this society. Unfortunately this social justice aspect of the issue gets confused with the science so that the science along with the shaming are condemned. Of course much of what passes for science (eat less, move more) is simply wrong so it's easy to see why fat people would reject it all. It is a complicated issue and this article is too simple minded to even begin to address all the problems that exist around weight, science, politics, social justice. It all has to start with the understanding that first everyone must be treated with respect, not shamed and penalized.

Very well stated. The rampant misunderstanding of food addiction and the particular role that various carbs, prevalence of sugars, and certain fats (manufactured seed oils) have in the scheme of eating is sad. Then the science must accurately support what constitutes healthy eating, and we're not close yet. Shaming is unacceptable. Eating less is hardly practical when one is dealing with an addiction. I remember being very confused that I could not drop weight even though I thought I was eating "healthy." Many with various hidden agendas continue distorting information and robbing people of the ability to develop a belief in a healthy path.