#91   ^
Old Sun, Aug-14-11, 12:10

Plan: Ray Peat (not low-carb)
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 164cm
BF:
Progress: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Miller
The only magnesium intake I get is in my daily multivitamin. If the effects of taking an added dose is that noticeable I think I'll try it out.

Hi there Mr Miller,

Well, you will get some Mg in your food, that's for sure, but if you're LCing, it might not be that much. The Mg in your multivitamin is sure to be Mg oxide, which is the worst absorbed kind and the amount in it is sure to be tiny.

Most of us need about 400-600mg of Mg per day IN TOTAL, although some conditions require more (diabetes, being perimenopausal and oestrogen dominant, being under a lot of stress, physical and or mental, to name but a few). However, because most of us start out with a deficit situation, taking 400-600mg in supplement form doesn't seem to do most people any harm.

I suggest you start at, say, 400mg per day (i.e. of the Dr's Best stuff that would be 4 tabs per day), best taken between meals and with, say, 200mg at night (if it doesn't make you wired, you have to test for yourself), and see if you notice a difference or notice any BM problems. If you have the latter, you don't need so much, if you have no BM problems, you can try going up to 600mg and see how it goes.

amanda
Sponsored Links