View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Feb-24-20, 07:45

Plan: general lc
Stats: 214/146/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

I am also of the mind that recovery is a never ending process, but so is the lady who wrote this blog post. It's really a matter of how she can best think of it. She cured her smoking addiction by never touching another cigarette and now she's cured her food addiction by never again eating sugar or refined carbs. I understand how she feels.

All of us self proclaimed carb addicts know the truth. We are cured in the sense that we can identify our problem. My husband has, in the past 6 weeks lost about 30 pounds by low carbing. This weekend he was very busy with volunteer stuff at school. At one point on Saturday afternoon, being sleep deprived and hungry, he ate a soft pretzel and that opened the flood gates to lots of carbage. He said to me this morning, "I guess I should have brought some Atkins bars with me to the school. Obviously, I can't eat pretzels anymore."

I know. I know. Atkins bars are crap. I don't eat them anymore either. But this was a HUGE breakthrough for him. He's now recognized the power that bread has over him. I never thought I'd see the day.