View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Jan-30-03, 08:02
Registered Member

Plan: somersize/atkins
Stats: 172/160/140
BF:
Progress: 38%

I too want a subscriptiont to this thread! This is fascinating! I think the reason I went off the bandwagon was an issue about putting myself first, not in any way about craving certain foods. Lets face it with this WOE, you really shake up your families meals, which restaurants you want to go to, it changes alot and it involves extra planning and preparation and thought. I still cook some favorite high carb meals for my kids and hubby, so it takes extra work to also prepare my meals. Very little can be bought pre-made, so when you work full-time that takes alot of extra time. I love cooking, so I don't mind, but its about priorites and when life gets hectic and the laundry isn't getting done and the house is filthier than usual, you may let the WOE slide because its easier and you forget that your health and well-being is more important to your family than all the other crap that you are worried about.

What this WOE has done for me, is to make myself a priority in my own life. The grocery list now includes things just for me that i want. I cook my favorite meals, We go to restaurants that I want to go to,and I bug the waiter until they bring me want I want, I'm starting to make my friends cook things that I want when they invite us for dinner. I'm asserting myself, when for so long, I just did things for my family and forgot about me. So next Christmas, I will not just go along with the flow, and eat the mashed potatoes and gravy, I will have yummy, low carb things for me!

Does this make sense? Karen you are so right about having the inside match the outside and about believing you're worth it. Its all connected!