View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-31-19, 20:44

Plan: Atkins/General LC
Stats: 240.0/167.2/155 Female 5 '9"
BF:36/29.5/25
Progress: 86%

Well, I went 24 hours. I made it to the gym, and still felt good... but hubby made some ground beef with the wild-mushroom mix I picked up a while back. (This 1 lb thing of lots of exotic dried mushrooms... heavy on shitake and such.) And broccoli.

It smelled so good, I had to.

My BG was 95 just before I ate. (It had gone up at the gym -- had been around 86 earlier.) At the gym (3rd visit -- just getting ramped up, there) I added some arms. (First day, I biked for 7 min -- how long it took me to be "done", using Dr. B's advice of get my heart rate up there & keep it steady. Second day, I did that, then added some abs.) Yesterday, I added arms/shoulders to that "base".)

I don't regret eating dinner, but I didn't need to eat it, either. And I ate my serving, and then was done.

This morning, my scale was acting weird. Yesterday, I woke at 229 and change. This morning, after potty, it first said 231 and change... then 230, then 229. Usually, it is very, very consistent, but this morning, it kept giving me different numbers. (My % body fat kept fluctuating wildly, too....) All of this in under 5 minutes with no plausible way for my mass to change. Don't know what was going on there -- it's a new scale, just bought in November.

My BG, when I woke, however, was in the normal range (I think 95, but it's been a long day, I could be mis-remembering.) That's progress!

To do this "right", I should fast again tomorrow, but that really isn't going to be practical. (I was downing HUGE amounts of fluid during the fast, and excreting it as well. And I kept getting thirsty, and drinking more. Kept it to "clear fluids" -- my SG bullion, water, or water with a dash of ACV. Tomorrow, I'll be at an outdoor thing all day, where I won't have such easy access to fluids... or bathrooms. Maybe if I were more accustomed to it... but for now, I'll probably wait a couple days, and then see about going longer. (And plan LEFT OVERS for dinner that night, so I'm not sucked in by amazing smells.)

And I picked on you, because you were the one pointing me in this direction.