#17   ^
Old Mon, Jun-06-16, 13:39

Plan: ZC Carnivore 100%
Stats: 170/147/140 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesinger
My 71st is also next month. Happy Birthday to US!

My weight doesn't go down any more, but I still haven't given up. From so many years of eating too few calories, my metabolic rate is shot so I'm working on getting something burning in there! Not an easy task I'm afraid.

I've got a small health issue I'm dealing with at the present, but all my lab work is positive, and I'm still walking my 2 miles pre dawn every day. I think once DH's heart gets back in rhythm and my stress level goes down, everything will be okay.

I'm 71 on 5 July -- you? I missed being born on the 4th by minutes, although my mother always disagreed with the doctor who delivered me as to the time. A major Midwestern summer electrical storm ongoing at the time, knocking out all the electricity so I was born by feel, flashlight, & candlelight in the doctor's office, the only hospital in that small town having burnt down a year or so earlier.

I used to walk a lot too before two surgeries on my face for basal cell skin cancer. I'm finally getting used to the idea I'll always be a prey to this problem, so now do a suitable coverup with sunscreen & hats. However, our desert summer started abruptly the day I returned to Atkins, going from the low 90s to 100-104 overnight, cooling off to about 80 by 3 a.m. So I'm not yet back to my walking daily. I too used to do 2-3 miles daily. As soon as I'm adjusted weatherwise & begin again to arise predawn, I hope to get back to walking in the cool early morning hours before the sun wakes up.

I started walking years ago as a way to reduce stress. I have normal BP, for example, until I walk into my local medical center or doctor's office. I'm not even aware of feeling stress most of the time. But I always feel better after I walk, even if it's just a short walk of a few blocks.

I checked out your blog & website of your family's musical career. I too am a writer. Years ago I used to listen to gospel music but stopped when so much of gospel music turned to shouting & dancing. The old-time family gospel singers were my favorites singing of course the old-time gospel classics. I only wish your family's gospel music was available on CDs for purchase -- I'm sure I'm not the only one interested. Meanwhile, I'll plug in & listen at the website. If anyone's interested in any of this, see bluesinger's User CP.