View Single Post
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Aug-02-04, 03:29

Plan: various
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress:

Sorry you could not go for the lard. This other post I made helps explain why I recommended it:
"I have read some in the Hampton's Diet book and from the evidence I suspect MacNut Oil is extremely heathy and I ordered some for my mother, as I like to research and help design food, rather than actually prepare it.
I also wrote to them that they should create and sell MacNut oil Mayo and other dressings and such.
I also believe that olive oil*, avocado oil, almond oil, hazelnut oil, pecan oil, high-oleic sunflower oil*, high-oleic safflower oil*, and even super canola oil due to their very high monounsaturated and decent, if not perfect omega ratios are healthful oils and should be used in foods according to their various smoke points.
I also find Enova very intriguing (http://www.enovaoil.com/) -- I am very pro-technology and specialty items.

In terms of saturated fats I think cocoa butter (1/3 stearic acid, 1/3 monounsaturated fat) and non-hydrogenated lard (45% monounsaturated) are probably best and I hate it when I see hydrogenated and partially hydrogenated oils in low carb foods and I often email companies to complain about this."
*these are best used for salad dressings and baking below 300 F.

Most companies won't use high quality monunsaturated oils because of the expense. I really like Carb Watchers tortillas by Labrada (I tried the Sun Dried tomato version), but they use soy oil which is not the best as it is mostly polyunsaturated.