View Single Post
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Jan-17-14, 20:18
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 220/154/140 Female 5 4
BF:
Progress: 83%

I love my Bikram yoga. I've described it as horrific and wonderful rolled into one. The first time I did it was was absolutely destroyed. My muscles were so sore that I couldn't walk properly for a week. My legs randomly buckled when I walked. It sucked, haha! But I was back the next Sunday and rockin' it.

My studio has some sort of special, non bacteria carpet. It's all high tech and stuff. The room can still smell at times, at the end of the day after 4-5 classes have happened.

You will leave the room looking like you fell in a lake. So much sweat! I've never, ever had a workout that gave me such fast results for toning and strength. Your heat will pound and you will simply balancing. It's incredible. Beats running on a treadmill as far as I'm concerned. My balance has improved by leaps and bounds and I'm finally able to touch my toes for the first time ever, including when I used to take ballet and jazz.

It's hot and humid. Sometimes you feel fine with the heat and other times you want to die. Sometimes you do every pose and other times you lay on the mat and fight the urge to run out into the cool air.

Every week, bit by bit, you improve on a pose that you struggle with and it feels like a huge accomplishment, because IT IS.

I bring two water bottles. I used to bring ice water despite recommendations that the water should be room temp and found that I became dizzy when the freezing water went down. I now do the room temp water. Much better.

You need two towels: one to lay over your mat and one to dry off with afterwards. I always rent two towels from my studio, it's only $2 and I don't have to deal with a sopping wet towel in my bag.

Try it, give it a week, see how you like it.

Oh, and I would most definitely NOT go into the room 10 minutes early. My classes are 90 minutes and one time I went in early to get myself relaxed. It didn't take long after the class started that I was regretting that decision! I was dying from the heat. Instead, I go into the room when I arrive, before I change into my yoga clothes, and I put my mat down. That way I get a good spot in the back. If you wait too close to class time you will be in an undesirable spot.