View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Aug-11-02, 20:33

Plan: atkins
Stats: 292/210/150
BF:
Progress:
Smile

i was diagnosed with post partum hypothyroidism 2months after i had my daughter and 2yrs after that with pcos.my doc stated me on glucophage right away(1000mg)the weight i couldn't lose started to come off right away.
i lost 40lbs in 3months without a special diet,just maintained my normal routine that had always kept me at 150lb prior to pregnancy.
and that would be the end of my weight loss.i've been exercising and maintained my weight but no loss is frustrating both my doc and me.doc tried increasing glucophage to 1500mg a day but my stomach couldn't handle it.
so now i'm trying the atkins low carb.so far so good.just trying to figure out how to get a balance so that i don't get tired through out the day.got a 5lb loss in the first week
now i'm hoping i'll be able to maintain the low carb.after the 4th day i got an unexpected burst of energy . recent stress has been causing havoc with my energy and appetite.
i've also found that glucophage killed my appetite and with the high protein it's even hard to force my self to eat.i'm hoping this balances out soon.