View Single Post
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-08, 08:40
Taking MY Turn

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 240/220.8/190 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 38%

Sara, that was a great quote from Regina...really hits home on the very topic I've been dealing with recently. I personally have a hard time accepting that veggies (and even some fruits) can somehow be "bad" for me...I've actually upped my carb allotment and exchanged my high fat approach as such. I feel like there needs to be a tradeoff and I think I've finally found a balance that works for me.

I have to tell you I laughed SO hard at "Cheese delivery vehicles" OMG this was SO true for me in the past. I was just reading reading on the PP blog (Michael Eades) about something called a "calorie torpedo". In this case he was talking about nuts, but I've found cheese to be the same problem for me. When I first started LC I went nuts...um, ok, ironic phrasing...I guess I meant I went crazy and overbaord with cheese. I could eat SO much of it. And then the nuts were next. And of course blue cheese dressing. And butter. The list goes on. But in retrospect, I realize I was experiencing both carb AND calorie "creep". Now I use nuts and cheese sparingly and live with the "calories DO count" motto. Seems to be working much better and I enjoy a wide range of veggies (and even fruits) in my more moderate carb, and much better balanced, lifestyle.

P.S.