View Single Post
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Apr-10-06, 14:05
Every day is day one

Plan: AtkinsMaintenance/IF
Stats: 185/145/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 133%

Hey PiD--have you clucked like a chicken yet???!!!! I', waiting to bark like a dog when I hear a doorbell

Fiberfit is a splenda based sweetener that also has some guar gum and irish moss for fiber. No, it's not necessary, it's just what I had on hand because I've gotten away from using pourable splenda because of the fillers. I'd say whatever you've got sweetening wise, use that--no need to buy anything new. I like Fiberfit because it gives everything an added boost of fiber and since fiber gets to be deducted..... The ingredient that is definitely needed is the glycerine--this will keep the ice cream scoopable. My main complaint with previous ice cream recipes is that they would freeze as hard as concrete being unable to get it out of the ice cream machine. After this happened twice I was so fu#&*ing mad I didn't make ice cream again until now (2 years later). My next batch I make I'm going to see what a TBS of POLYD will do for texture. I'll keep everyone posted.

FYI--the second batch of ice cream (the lavender vanilla) I wasn't paying attention and used 3 egg yolks instead of 2. 3 egg yolks is now the basic recipe--much creamier!

Lisa