Thread: low-carb books
View Single Post
  #101   ^
Old Tue, Nov-13-18, 10:28

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%

And the C-reative protein-- forgot that one.

Read Wheat Belly-- Dr william Davis MD. Glycation is not just for the blood; it affects every organ in the body; celeiac is driven by glutin, and even some leaky gut causes antibody attacks.

Gluten free products are not a good substiution because other startches are substituted, and these strches are WORSE than wheat products for raising blood sugar.

He discusses the LDL and how that number is calculated and how wheat drives this.

Deep frying is the worst converter of oils into AGEs; AGEs are concentrated in foods like processed meats and aged products. ( AGEs come from diet as well as happen in our body with high blood sugars above 5.0)

Recommends hard cheese but limit the soft cheeses and milk because of the insulintropic effect.

Several recipes round out the whole picture to show living with out wheat is do-able. But no listing of carbs, fats, proteins for the recipes.

In my house we are tryig for a no wheat month, and no grains. It is difficult as wheat is at every turn.

A great read. I highly recommend it as my summary did not do it justice as he covers the science in detail and in easy to read language.