View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Jun-08-11, 08:17

Plan: LC and PH now and then.
Stats: 176.5/153/140 Female 60 ins
BF:
Progress: 64%

I'm in a different position to most people, I don't have to buy " organic" as we have locally produce fruit veg as a normal thing. You actually know the name of the person who grew these items.I can buy organically bred pork, lamb, and mutton whenever I want. I see were they graze, I know what they eat. When it's not just grass, it's a mix of pulses and grains, no added pellets or " strange" additives. Cheeses and to an extent preserved meats (pork ) are done at home or with little nitrates. I buy eggs from a wholesaler who supplies the local shop, I don't want farm eggs as I'm worried about salmonella, as with chicken... only from a safe source.
I buy in season, use my freezer, spend what I want, don't buy hardly any processed food so I save a huge amount of money. We eat very well here. The less boxes and rubbish that leaves the home, the more money saved. I know it can be difficult to feed a family with a small amount of money, believe me, I've had my share, but do you know how much fun it can be to make your own pizza for 10 people for just a few pounds? I do... bugger, can't eat pizza. o.k. do you know how much fun it is to cook a huge belly pork roast on a grill with peppers onions and zucchini