View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-07-11, 08:38

Plan: IF/VLC
Stats: 258/219/145 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default Has LC turned you into a bit of a food snob?

It has me. I don't think this is a bad thing.

I went shopping last week with a tight budget knowing that I'd not have a lot of time for food prep a few nights this week. I hunted down food that I thought would work to feed not only myself, but my family as well. (And seriously, I had all of $30 to buy everything for the week!)

One thing I picked up was a family-sized Banquet frozen salisbury steak. Toss in the microwave, cook up a quick steam veggie and it's done. Before starting LC, my dh had these for dinner about twice a month. I knew there would be added carbs in it, plus a few for a bit of gravy, but I was willing to take the hit for cost and convenience.

Totally gross. Meat flavored sponge with bits and pieces of unidentifiable chunks. The dogs gobbled it up while I made do with a spoonful of peanut butter.

The other thing I picked up was some deli meat. I bought the best I could find in my grocery store - a 10 oz. package of Sara Lee turkey breast that normally runs $4.99 - I picked it up on sale, with a coupon, bringing the cost down to $2.49. I thought this would be a great 'quick grab' type food - a handful of turkey, some sliced cheese, a pickle slice or two and I've got a quick little snack.

Well, the turkey probably tastes alright, but I cannot bring myself to actually eat it. It's soaked in some kind of meat gelatin... that's the best way I can describe it. When I tried to pull apart a slice, a thin string of this meat good stretched out - not unlike snot. Plus, it made that "wet" meat sound.

I can't believe I considered this kind of stuff "food" just a little over a year ago.

What food(s) have you turned your back on?
Sponsored Links