Old Tue, Jan-30-07, 14:22
Registered Member

Plan: CRON / Zone
Stats: 118/110/110 Male 5ft 7"
BF:very low
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by athena11
So you attribute it to caloric restriction.

Yes of course. I sent you a link to a study showing why I say that (PM). Biosphere two when the males ate 1750k/calories their cholesterol went from 190-210mg/dl to 90-130mg/dl within months. It's really not a complicated thing to understand that calories are important in levels of glucose, insulin, cholesterol, and whatever other biomarker you want to choose. If I want my cholsterol to rise, all I have to do is eat a bit more... Very simple to adjust things.

Quote:
What do you think about cholesterol being mostly attributed to stress and other factors, rather than diet? Thanks.

I think that people who are stressed, anxious and depression can lead people eat less and have lower cholesterol (appetite supression), but it can also cause the opposite and someone will have high cholesterol. eating patterns change under stress and there will always be conflicting reports on this because everyones different and react in a different way.

To help with stress btw I found that the most important factors I've found in mental health are Vitamin D and Omega 3 and having lots of good friends. Also not being bored, waking up with something to do for the day.