View Single Post
  #50   ^
Old Thu, Apr-30-15, 07:24

Plan: DDF, Fung
Stats: 247/208/199 Female 66.5"
BF:kickin it
Progress: 81%

Well, I went to my Endo appointment yesterday. He wants to switch me to (human) thyroid instead of (pig) thyroid. BIG SURPRISE ...thats what he calls it - human thyroid.
He said for now that I could continue with Armour if I want to, but that it isn't readily available anymore....and eventually everyone will have to switch to synthetic hormone replacement therapy. One thing I did take away from it was, no matter what thyroid meds you take, it has to be on an empty stomach (preferably first thing in the morning) which I knew. But you can't take anything to eat or drink (other than water) for 45 minutes AND not to take any supplements with MINERALS within 4 hours of taking your meds - which I did not know. I was taking my multi-vitamin every morning with my coffee. Now, I will wait until my lunchtime meal to take it.
The difficult thing for me will be timing my late afternoon or evening dose. I'm splitting my dose per the recommendations on (stop the thyroid madness) to keep a proper amount of hormone in my system.

The doc also said that he would not be ordering any free T3 or free T4 tests because "they are way too expensive" and the variables for testing are usually inaccurate, so yeah, another one that treats only based on TSH. That is the only blood test he ordered for me.