View Single Post
  #70   ^
Old Thu, Jul-07-11, 17:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207/190/120 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

Amadawald-- I have been taking 1 or 2 100 mg of the Doctor's Best magnesium in between meals and am happy to say that I have not had any more bowel distress.

Also, I have been supplementing with D3 for about 6 mos. I live in Phoenix (Valley of the Sun), but I NEVER spend any amount of time in the sun. I don't tolerate it well and have very fair skin. So I have been taking 7500 mg daily for about 6 mos. Just taking the D3 has improved my asthma symptoms, I am hoping that the magnesium with improve it further, but I will not know until about November. For some reason that time of year is when my asthma really flares up.

As far as the thyroid thing, several people in my family have thyroid problems on my mom's side. I have been tested numerous times and my doctor always says that I am within the normal ranges. But, according to my grandmother (who had her thyroid removed in about 1950) standard testing does not always indicate when there is a problem. I haven't been tested for a couple of years for thyroid, so maybe next time I go in I will request another test.

I am not currently taking any anti-depressants. I took Paxil for awhile after I had my daughter in 1991 and then Prozac for about a year after I got off the Paxil. After I had my son in 2004, I once again had a bout with post-partum depression and went back on Prozac for about another year. I am all good now, it seems like I mostly just have problems after childbirth.

Anyway, for the time being I am going to keep taking the 500-600 mg of magnesium, and the 7500 mg of D3 daily. I will keep you posted. Thanks for offering so much feed back.