View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Feb-18-19, 02:34

Plan: Fung, Rosedale
Stats: 236/195/157 Male 180cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

Rob, I have been on the Atkins diet numerous times. I'm sure you know that it is a ketogenic diet starting with around 20g of carbs. At times I managed it for months. Constipation persisted, raised blood pressure persisted and my glucose got out of control when not on the diet about 2 years ago. At about that time I came across Ron Rosedale and Jason Fung's websites. The Rosedale diet is similar to Atkins except that Rosedale suggests limiting protein. About 2 years ago I started also limiting proteins and within 1-2 weeks my blood pressure normalizes. I have never seen this on the Atlins diet. Last year I reached 32Kg below my maximum weight. Unfortunately, I am now only 16Kg below my maximum. I have been through this, I am not new to it.

I believe my electrolytes are ok. I do a 1 hour walk each day. When I am on the diet for about 2 weeks, with my blood pressure (diastolic) at <80 I also do exercises like the Belleon ones:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvWfj-S8e5k
These are quite strenuous but great.

My main problems are constipation and craving sweets. These are the problems that cause me to fall off the wagon.