#15   ^
Old Wed, Nov-27-19, 08:14

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by s93uv3h
I was diagnosed last June. I'm very focused now on setting myself up for 7-9 hours of sleep a night, and keeping my AHI (Apnea–hypopnea index) well below 5. This morning it was 2.3. I also keep an eye on my leaks (L/min) and of course sleep time. Definitely read Dr. Mathew Walker's book Why We Sleep. If I had read that way back when I don't know that I'd work so many late shifts that I did (sometimes there's a choice).

I wear blue blocker glasses at least 2 hours before sleep, and have f.lux installed on my PC. No electronics anywhere near my bed, and the temperature is always cool.

Since I've extended water only fasts to my daily TRE, my caffeine is stopped well before it could affect my sleep. Hard to avoid naps, but they are kept to a minimum.

I haven't used an alarm clock in a very long time, and don't oversleep.

As far as I know I do not have sleep apnea. I do have sleep issues due to a chronic pain condition. To maximize my sleeping I too wear blue light blocking glasses at night, have flu.x on my computer and have installed red light night lights in my bathroom and kitchen, purchased a bulb designed to minimize blue light for my bedroom light and in general minimize the use of lighting at night. I have a few refillable oil candles that I light at night instead of electric lights. I've come to like this dimmer light in the evening and now find most lighting too harsh.