Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%
Default 10K Training Day 3

March 17 - copied from my journal

Weight: 213

Today was jogging day 3. The good news is that I jogged farther than on the last session. The bad news is that I don't have good data other than start and stop time.

Duration: 65 minutes total
Jogging: 25 minutes
Walk at lunch: 35 minutes
Distance: 6.1 miles according to the phone (but likely more)

I could not jog on the track (lacrosse practice ran long) so we did the next best thing and used the schools cross country training course. The loop is supposed to be 1 mile and I jogged it twice. The problem was that 2/3 of the course runs through the woods and that messed up the GPS readings on my phone. The speed and distance reported for that section was junk data. It was, however, an awesome workout. The trail goes up and down and around tight corners. It was a much harder run. And to cap it all off, when you come out of the woods there is a super steep hill to climb that goes on for about 100 yards. I barely jogged up it the first time and I had to walk some of it the second time. It was a great jogging workout.

After that we walked the perimeter of the school complex back around to the track. Practice was over so I jogged 2 more laps to make sure I put in more time jogging this workout than I did the last one. My legs are a little sore, but I think I'll be good to go on Saturday. That one will be back at the track.

BTW: My 17 Y/O daughter joined me today and I KICKED HER BUTT! She jogged most of the two cross-country laps, but came out of the woods on the 2nd lap almost 2 minutes after I did. She got a good workout in and said her legs feel a lot better. She just might get in shape for the 10K after all. The other daughter (in college) has not done anything yet. She will regret that come race day.