View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Sep-11-07, 21:56
Faux-foods=Doh!Foods

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 216/180/154 Female 168cm
BF:
Progress: 58%

Yep my local health food shop sells Empower's bread, chocolate, muffin mix, wraps, tomato/satay/sweetnsour sauces as well as their gluten-free range. It's a bit cheaper to buy it from the site if you buy in bulk but I always like to support the locals hehehe. I've seen their sauces stocked at American-chain GNC too, so they're getting wide-spread.

I've bought xylitol from thexton.com.au (as well and lots of Empower and Carbless foods). I didn't make the preference for it due to the label saying increased usage can have a laxative effect. I figured that meant it was engineered? I use stevia. Also on thexton or at my local health food shop.

I drink diet cola or else I'd have a big blow out. Usually try to keep it at one 250mL glass which I have during the evening but yesterday I had two. I figure it's ok as long as I limit it and I mix it with LC diet cola so I don't get an overload of aspartame.

It may stall me, I don't know, but it's better thannot having it and then diving into a slab (or two :nono of chocolate. Stalls of this kind are only due to your body retaining water as a reaction to the effect sugar alcohols have when they go "straight through you" instead of being metabolised. As far as I'm concerned, if I'm still burning fat, it doesn't matter if I have 100g or so of water retained.

Actually now that I think of it, I had my water retention properly tested yesterday. It's 0.7%. ... 20% is poor; 10-20% is ok; less than 10% is good.

So in all, it's up to you. I gotta stop tying and hogging all the posting space in this thread hahaha.

Have a great day all,
e