#6   ^
Old Sat, Aug-18-07, 04:11
Registered Member

Plan: basic low carb
Stats: 160.7/138.8/130 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 71%

Hi Tracey

I drink a lot of water, at least 2 litres, if not 3, each day. I measure out a jug in the morning and leave it on the bench, then I know exactly how much I'm drinking - its easy to think you've had heaps when you really haven't!

I don't drink soft drinks, so I can't really comment on how much to drink, but I think its probably better to try and go cold turkey or limit yourselft to a really small amount every day. You will go through withdrawal from carbs to some extent, feel weak and a bit flu-like, and if you are giving up caffeine as well you will most probably get headaches. These will all pass in a few days, and its worth it when you feel so much better!

The internet is your best source of information - search out as much as you can, the newbie forum on this site is excellent.

If you haven't read Dr Atkins book then I would suggest you get hold of a copy or go to the Atkins website - its better to know you are doing this WOE (way of eating) correctly, not sabotaging yourself. It helps to keep telling yourself that this is not a diet, this is how you will eat (or similar to) for the future. And if you fall off the wagon, stop - get up and get back on! Don't think you've blown it and may as well eat lots of bad stuff - stop beating yourself up and start fresh from your next meal. You only have to read some of the threads in other forums to see that we are all human, we mess up and we start again. You'll get heaps of support from us, not a hard time.

Questions are good - ask, ask, ask!! Also, read, read, read!!

Congrats on your success so far - you've started on your new life - enjoy the journey.

Cheers, Jodi