#4   ^
Old Thu, Aug-16-07, 17:34
Registered Member

Plan: basic low carb
Stats: 160.7/138.8/130 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 71%
Default Hello fellow Perth Girl!

Hi Tracey, welcome to the LC world and hello from South Guildford.

I started the Tony Ferguson shakes diet about 3 months ago, but was so hungry after 2 weeks I just decided to go low carb and ditch the shakes. I read the Atkins book, did lots of research on the net and just went for it! I've lost 5.5kg so far, but I need to get back into exercising after having a virus for the last month - I"m stuck at 66kg!

Are you following a particular plan? I agree with Erika about the LC products, keep away from them in induction as they can slow you down, just stick with the protein and vegies on the allowed foods list - you won't be hungry and your appetite will diminish anyway. Are you doing induction?

I found LC chocolate at Coles - it's made by Cadbury and called Lite, I use the LC tomato sauce made by Empower, the bread, the wraps and I've used the satay sauce. The bread is a lifesaver as I was going nuts in the mornings - I JUST WANTED A PIECE OF TOAST!!! It's got 2.5g of carbs per slice, as well as 8g of fibre and its made with lots of seeds - tastes different to normal bread, more like really nutty & seedy healthy bread (if that makes sense). Anyway, even though these products are great, I think the more you use fresh the better off you will be - I've stopped most of them and I just have 1 small slice of bread for toast a day and 3 squares of the chocolate - can't give up the chocolate

I've started a file of LC recipes - my family love them and I have a hard time keeping my carbloving hubby away from all the cream & cheese that I'm allowed to eat!

This site has a great list of recipes and she tells you if they are suitable for induction - I've tried a few and they are great, its amazing what you can do with cauliflower!

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/index.html

Anyway, all the best and I look forward to chatting with you and catching up soon.

Cheers, Jodi