#35   ^
Old Tue, Oct-29-02, 00:51
Registered Member

Plan: SuManKins
Stats: 321/249/221 Female 64 inches
BF:Let's not go there
Progress: 72%
Default Oh yeah....

That sounds like some positive things that you are doing Tricia, AND I am going to address your post, and *use* it so to speak, like Jim did... but I think that you will find that you will have an entirely different feeling to my replies...I answered yours in CAPS
Quote:
I have started today. My main goals with this are: *really work on daily positive visualization MAKING SOMETHING LIKE THIS A DAILY EXERCISE WILL HELP YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE *SEEING* YOUR RESULTS IN YOUR MIND...YOU ARE AFFIRMING THAT IT IS *OK* TO HAVE PROGRESS, AND THAT IT IS A GOOD AND POSITIVE CHANGE FOR YOU.
*motivate myself to exercise more regularly because it makes me feel good, REAFFIRMING TO YOURSELF ABOUT THE POSITIVE EFFECTS OF EXERCISE, IS IN ADDITION TO THE GREAT THINGS YOU ARE ALREADY FEELING IN YOUR BODY. I WILL HAVE TO LOOK UP THE EXACT WORDS ON THIS SO I MAY BE A LITTLE OFF... BUT ACTUALLY *THINKING* ABOUT RUNNING CAN HAVE THE SAME SORT OF PHYSIOLOGICAL EFFECTS ON THE BODY AS ACTUAL RUNNING... YOUR *MIND* DOES NOT KNOW THE DIFFERENCE! THERE ARE STORIES ABOUND OF WORLD CLASS ATHLETES WHO OVERCAME HURDLES THEY COULD NOT OTHERWISE OVERCOME BECAUSE THEY SEEN IT IN THEIR MIND FIRST! (WILL LOOK FOR THE INFO ON THE EXERCISE AND MIND THING FOR YOU)

be diligent about eliminating negative thoughts-NEGATIVE THOUGHTS AND NEGATIVE SELF TALK IS SOMETHING WE ALL HAVE DEALT WITH AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER... SOME OF US HAVE MORE NEGATIVE *MIND TAPES* THAN OTHERS... IT DEPENDS ON A VARIANCE OF FACTORS...

*be happy and proud of my progress so far- GREAT FOR YOU!! I THINK THAT TOO OFTEN WE LOOK AT HOW FAR WE HAVE YET TO GO, AND DON'T LOOK TO SEE HOW FAR WE HAVE COME... EVERY JOURNEY BEGINS WITH A SINGLE STEP... YOU HAVE TAKEN THAT FIRST STEP... YOU ARE ON A JOURNEY TO A *NEW AND IMPROVED* YOU!!

be patient about my progress -ALL OF US LOSE AT OUR OWN RATES AND IN OUR OWN TIME. I HAVE SEEN FAILURES BECAUSE I MEASURED MY JOURNEY TO SOMEONE ELSES... I AM NOT GETTING THE SAME RESULTS AS THEM... I AM A FAILURE... I AM GOING TO QUIT NOW... HOW SELF-DEFEATING!!! THE ONE THING WE ALL HAVE IN COMMON IS THAT WE ARE ALL UNIQUE, AND EVEN THO THERE ARE THE SIMILARITIES... WE SIMPLY CANNOT GAUGE OUR SUCCESS ON SOMEONE ELSES.

To begin with I will use car time to reinforce my positive thoughts for the day. This is the first time I have ever really tried this tactic so any input is welcome TRICIA... I THINK THAT YOU WILL FIND YOURSELF LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR POSITIVE REINFORCING.. AND USING YOUR CAR TIME IS AN EFFECTIVE USE OF TIME AND DEFINITELY TO YOUR BENEFIT!~
and suzon.. welcome to this thread~ you will find more and more, as you apply positive thinking to your thoughts, and to your life... that things are *falling into place*... I read someplace a long time ago... Coincidences are just God's way of remaining anonymous~ the thing is... there is POWER in our minds... let's use it for the GOOD... let's harness the positive~