View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Aug-02-14, 09:10
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

A NSV for me is the impact my new WOE has had on my family's diet. Two of us are obese and the other 3 are just a little heavier than they want to be. I will admit that they have had to hear about everything I've learned as I found success with this WOE. I don't shut up about it. But I did not try and force my WOE on them. This summer, my heavy daughter joined me in eating totally LC and has lost nearly 30 pounds. The others have altered their diets, too. Although they have not been 100% committed, they have all lost some weight have been eating a much lower ratio of carbs in what they have chosen to eat. We have not had milk or bread in the house for months. Nobody eats proccessed cereal for breakfast. One of my daughters still eats out from time to time, but now she buys a kids meal and a side salad. I know one summer is not a lifetime, but I think everybody has learned something with what has happened the past few months. I think my daughters are better prepared for the rest of their lives. They saw the light about the benefits of this WOE and I think they understand why the standard american diet is making many people fat. How they eat in the future is up to them, but I think that they now know how they should eat. As a parent, I feel like it's a "mission accomplished".