View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Dec-05-04, 16:16

Plan: South Beach and Atkins..
Stats: 186/165/125 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress:

I'm a Type 2..controlled by low carb diet and much exercise. I started swimming in the aerobic range of intensity..and found through the usual trial and error that the best time for me to do this is an hour after lunch..It will lower my bg immediately..unless it's around 90 and then there's no immediate difference. Long term though it stays down the rest of the day. When I swam at 10:30 am...it went up...and then an hour later back down again. I always eat right away when I get up and the later I get up..the higher the fasting numbers...It seems like everyone needs to see what works for them...trial and error..right now my weight loss seems stalled but since my clothes are getting bigger...must be on the right track...muscle weights more than fat...and takes in bg better...so I'll start strength training this week...I think the most important thing for me..is low carbs, low carbs, low carbs..Guess I'm lucky my Dr..who is a DO, doesn't give out meds and ADA diet but instead uses the low carb way to control blood sugar levels..