#12   ^
Old Sun, Jul-27-14, 01:18

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/126/127 Female 5ft 7in
BF:
Progress: 101%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyDinCA
ojoj as you have stated at least a thousand times (to my knowledge) Im soooooo glad you didn't have to bother keeping track of anything either...you are lucky that you didnt have to give anything about losing your weight a conscious effort, so great...but there are a lot of different tools available to us today that were not available 10 years ago. Some choose to use them now. Do you think its helpful to point out your non-usage of any tracking at all from 10 years ago, to those of us that DO use them today because they are available? I whole-heartedly encourage anyone to use today's available technology. If it helps YOU .... DO IT!!!!!

My take on apps on the whole is that they complicate things too much and for nothing. I doubt there are any statistics, but I dont believe that "way back then" we didnt lose weight because we didnt use them or that today folk do lose weight because they do. IMO its just a gimmick that does nothing useful at all and would certainly put me off. I was lucky, altho lucky isnt really the right word is it! I lost weight following Atkins - I didnt cheat and it worked, which is what it does for most folk who follow it without worrying about using an app. You follow the allowed foods/daily menu list and stay under 20g carbs a day!

So the fact that I've allegedly mentioned my views "at least a thousand times" is simply to encourage those who find the whole app/macros thing daunting - its not necessary.

Jo xxx