View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Nov-19-01, 09:17

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Thumbs up

Congrats on the decision, Lisa. I know its not easy. I know this because I quit two weeks ago. Take heart though; LCing will actually work better for you after you quit. Smoking increases insulin insensitivity, quitting increases sensitivity. While you're body may suffer from a brief metabolic slow down as you cease (roughly 10%) it will pick up. I noticed a slow down in loss the first week but it's back up to 2 lbs a week now. I have also started taking a thermogenic to boost my body temp and increase my metabolism. Note: you cannot take such a supplement while taking any prescription drugs, especially anti - depressants.

All this to say that LCing is perhaps the best WOE on which to quit smoking and maintain fat loss. Here's some info the Eades (protein power) have on smoking and LC .

And don't worry about how slowly you're losing, Lisa. You don't have much weight to go until you're at goal. It typically takes longer for those in your position. But slow losers are still losers. Think in terms of percentages; once you've lost 4 more pounds you'll be 50% of the way to goal. Why not update your profile to see the percentage icon move?

Best of luck to you!
Nat