View Single Post
  #80   ^
Old Sat, Mar-14-09, 20:29

Plan: Mostly carnivory
Stats: 145/145/145 Male 5'11'' (feet and inches)
BF:
Progress: -20%

I disagreed about it more because he appears to advocate a more vegetarian-based diet versus one based on meats, fats, and general low-carb. fare. I didn't feel it was necessary to bring up my disagreement regarding properly prepared grain consumption as endorsed by the WAPF because it was a side-issue.

I do recognize the WAPF endorsement of properly prepared grain consumption, and personally do not agree with that, and do not adopt that as part of my own personal dietary. I believe though that comparing Cannell's position on evolutionary nutrition for the human dietary with that which WAPF endorses is not a very close one-to-one match. I agree with WAPF principals of diet to a much greater extent than what Cannell seems to believe in.

So, for the record, no, I don't agree with all tenants of the WAPF dietary recommendations. The grain thing is the one exception to my previous statement indicating that the dietary principals set forth by the WAPF ring true for me in my personal experience. Well, I guess the dairy thing is another. But the fat, meat, organ, and nutrient-dense parts of OK by me.