View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Jun-09-18, 11:14

Plan: Atkins Concept
Stats: 225/190/175 Male 70.5"
BF:
Progress: 70%

You have been a big help Peggy. BTW, my real name is Ken. "Meetow Kim" is what Vietnamese customers used to call me many years ago, and it just stuck. I use it humorously, remembering those days affectionately.

Obviously this thread has veered way off of Lavash bread pizza, but all of this is a learning roadtrip.

I need to re-stock on pork rinds now after discovering your fried chicken coating. I tried again last night to make a good coating for fried okra and failed trying to pre-flour with almond flour, then in egg wash, then coated in oat fiber. Not a good texture at all. I hoped to get lucky like I did using the oat fiber for chicken wings (did that last night too), the oat fiber gives a great light coating that grabs the buffalo sauce and makes you want to gnaw every nook and cranny of the wings (well, it does me...my wife is still much more lady-like than me eating wings!).

Have you tried your chicken coating on stuff like vegetables? I would love to make something like zucchini fries or, deep fried mushrooms or something like that. It's been over 5 months on this diet and I'm jonesing for french fries...and there appears to be no low carb substitute. Such a coating could also be used for mozzarella sticks, etc.

Your pancake batter is so thick, I've thought about trying to deep fry that both in a sweet version and a savory take on it. I haven't tried it yet. I know you dont like to deep fry so I'm sure you haven't tried it. I've kept deep fryers and cast iron skillets as well as a range top in my garage for years to keep that cooking out of the house-proper, and as a man who has welded all my adult life...burns are just a fact of life to me!

When you refer to "Parmesan cheese" in your recipe, are you referring to the canister type stuff my wife and I call "shaker cheese"? I always have real parm wedge on hand for fresh grating over plates and bowls of food, but also keep the shaker stuff on hand. I use the shaker parm usually in the recipes you indicate parm, but thought to ask specifically.