View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Mon, May-28-18, 08:38

Plan: Atkins Concept
Stats: 225/190/175 Male 70.5"
BF:
Progress: 70%

Another lavash bread pizza success here recently. The method really does work pretty good. Cooling it is the key to making it hand eatable. Not cold, but just warm. the good news it you wont burn your mouth that way! But it does take patience and planning ahead for the cooling time.

Buttoni,

Have you tried your focaccia as a pizza crust? That's my next thing. I have made your recipe a few times now and its really good. I made one yesterday to have along with a pulled chicken salad. I switched the jack cheese with cheddar and added bacon bits and some other seasonings like garlic and onion granules red pepper flakes and oregano and everyone, even those not doing strict low carb thought it was really good...and I even forgot to put the flax meal in!

It seems like the focaccia would do well for a pizza. I've been using an Italian blend shredded cheese instead of the jack cheese anyway in the past and I think that seasoning mix I just described, minus the bacon bits would be good. I'm thinking baking it on the lower rack a few less minutes than the regular recipe so the bottom gets done and the top still a little soft, then let cool a bit and flip that over so the top is now the new bottom and the pizza toppings go on what was the more well done bottom which is now the top!

It seems like the focaccia would also be good made as a sweeter thing, with some sugar alcohol added and maybe bits of apple with cinnamon and vanilla too. Using a more benign cheese like the Jack would probably be best like your original recipe...and maybe some chia or poppy seeds.

Have you tried any fruit in the fococcia like that?

I didn't see a comments section on your web site, so I have to ask stuff here. Might as well let others learn rather than do it in PM's.

Thanks to you and your cheddar "biscuits" recipe, we will be having hamburgers WITH buns this memorial day. That recipe is a keeper for sure, they just need to be warm when serving.

I also did your pancakes again this weekend with good success. I used frozen raspberries and they turned out pretty good. Some sugar free maple flavor syrup melted with a little sugar free raspberry jelly poured over them made a great sweet-ish treat...with bacon.