View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sat, May-05-18, 09:56

Plan: Atkins Concept
Stats: 225/190/175 Male 70.5"
BF:
Progress: 70%

I have been playing with some of Buttoni's recipes, with mixed results. Her cheddar biscuits are a keeper for sure. I'm now using them for small hamburger buns...it beats nothing and a lot less expensive than the highway robbery $8 for 6 rolls nutrition sites sell low carb buns for.

Walmart's web site wont even admit they have the Lavash bread in the store. It's basically like a rectangular wrap, very thin but a good flavor Their web site is horrible in relation to their store stock and some other issues. If they just got their system working well they could complete with Amazon easily.

Walmart has an organic marinara sauce I cant get at my local Walmart, but they'll ship them to my store free. Problem is, they aren't smart enough to know how to pack them so 3 out of 4 I have ordered were damaged! The box had plenty of packing in it, but they put the jars on the bottom and all the packing on top! Some people are just not very smart.

Anyway, it $2 a jar and only 6 grams net carbs per half cup...almost as low as the lowest carb, much more expensive sauces being sold out there and the flavor is very good. I use sauces like this for almost everything from pizza, to meatball cheese bakes and on low carb pasta alternatives (homemade, the stuff they sell is way too expensive).

I made this pizza again last night. It's a keeper. My wife and I devour it almost constantly saying how good it is while we eat. This one came out a little more soft and wet/oily, but after allowing to cool to just a little above room temp the slices could still be handheld, although a little messy. I use a LOT of pepperoni and cheese, so a lot of oils get released.

I think next time I will bake at 450° or maybe even par-bake the bottom Lavash layer a bit to. This really allows you to load it up with toppings

Helper2,

I will try the crackers thing. My mistake/over-bake one was pretty tasty. I'll bet a lower bake temp and pre-cutting the Lavash in to squares, brush with a little olive oil and sprinkle some seasonings on it would be very good.