Thread: Atkins 40
View Single Post
  #45   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-15, 05:28

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 250/167/175 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 111%

Kristine, thanks for the ingredient list for Atkins pizza. I bought one and enjoyed it but deliberately did not read the label. Now all I can think is bleh. I also tried the Atkins Italian style pasta. I won't buy those again.

I too have Atkins frozen meals in my freezer for when I am too tired to cook or have run out of fresh (usually from being snowed in and I can't get to the store. I have a tendency to fall and my deck becomes much too slippery. It is a good excuse for not leaving the house.) I tire of them quickly. They all have a similar flavor.

Why these foods all seem to have sugar or dextrose in their ingredients I don't know unless it is to spice up the sauces.

For the most part, I choose the Atkins frozen meals over the other "low carb/high protein" frozen meals such as "Eating Right high protein." But the groceries where I shop don't always carry a variety of Atkins or much in the way of low carb frozen anything.

What pleases me is that manufacturers are beginning to notice that there is a demand for low carb products and are trying to fill it. At least we LCers are being noticed!