View Single Post
  #114   ^
Old Sat, Mar-04-06, 21:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 259/257/200 Male 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 3%
Default L-Carnitine & Water

I agree with you ladies on L-Carnitine and Water. I was not aware of the Caffeine thing though, but it makes sense. I have drinking the heck out of tea and cannot seem to lose more than a pound or two. Bye-bye Lipton teabags. It is too bad though, H2O can get BORING real fast. If I remember right Atkins states to take 500 mg of L-Carnitine before each meal. I just picked some up today at GNC because I am getting back on the program again.

I went from 292 down to 223 in about 4 months a few years ago. Oh my goodness. I felt like a new man. I WAS a new man. The wife couldn’t keep hers hands off me. But then routine crept up on me. I subconsciously started thinking "oh I think I am thin again" and I starting eating things that were bad for my Gila-monster like sloooooow metabolism. Well here I am again at almost 260 and more devoted than ever.

I did the basal test and sometimes my body temp will be 94 or 95 degrees in the morning. Seems kind of low to me but my doctors have sworn that there is nothing wrong with my T3 or T4 thyroid hormone counts. I just need to watch what I eat like a prison warden and not cheat myself. Discipline Grasshopper! Snatch the asparagus spear from my hand and advance to the 37th level.

I am glad I found this forum. Very inspiring. Thanks. LK