#33   ^
Old Tue, Jul-28-20, 08:38

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzgirl
I am starting to see this-- I think our taste buds "lose it" as we age. I add chimichurri or other legal sauces and pestos to my meats to spice things up. But in a way I am ok with it---am finding I like fish way more than I used to, but I agree that the supermarket beef and chicken is not as good as it used to be.

We lived in Russia a few years with husbands job and it was amazing how much more "chickeny" the chicken was there. ALso eggs taste different in every country due to the chickens' diets. Who knew? Some countries I couldn't bear to eat the eggs because they always tasted fishy to me.

My farm raised chicken tastes richer at 4 minths old and the texture is more beef like than the mush-like cornish cross production chickens.

And eggs pick up the fish flavor easily, hence commercial feeds avoid or limit fish meal.

Herbs and spices make the crapiest meats worth eating. To keep fresh herbs longer, put in a jar then into freezer. Dried spices are easier of course. And you might like blends.

Ya, plain meat gets boring FAST.