View Single Post
  #66   ^
Old Wed, Oct-03-18, 18:33
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%

Sorry about your bad experience yet again at DC, Ken. I joined only to unjoin by day's end. I saw some nasty posts that alarmed me. I left LCF ages and ages ago because of the absurd hand-slapping they did over there.

Yes, the people here at ALC are very nice. And I think many are great cooks, but as I said earlier, they are more into just viewing a recipe, perhaps copying, perhaps not. Who knows with no comments? Rarely any of those, so you really can't tell if people like the sound of a recipe or not. But that is getting more and more prevalent on MANY LC forums and on food blogs themselves. I think it's the glut of LC food bloggers on the net now that has triggered off this reader response complacency. So many recipes are just re-hashes (and often only SLIGHTLY altered) of the same old recipes developed by LC cooks over 10 years ago. I go to Pinterest and see five million ways to make a pizza casserole, five million variations on a theme of chicken alfredo, five million ways to make tortillas and bread, five million mug cakes and of course, my NOT-SO-FAVORITE-FOOD, pizza/pizza crusts. Man, is that all people are interested in at the dinner table anymore? I find it quite boring checking out Pinterest most days. However that boredom is interrupted occasionally by a truly creative recipe either in ingredients combination or prep method.

But I do like the people here at ALC (only one exception) and really love reading the research digging they go out and do on the internet and the articles/studies they share on that sub-forum share. So I'll sty a member here. But this forum and LCN are the only two I go to anymore for LC chat and I only post recipes at LCN now.

BTW, switching to a different line of thinking, if you don't own a copy, you must consider this book seriously: The Flavor Bible by Page and Dornenberg https://www.netrition.com/cgi/goto_...=All%20Products

I found it has replaced my need to have ANY cookbooks in the house. Even my late brother, a professional chef (was Executive chef at Top of the Mark in San Francisco for some time) thought this was the best book on cooking he had ever seen.