View Single Post
  #65   ^
Old Wed, Oct-03-18, 09:31

Plan: Atkins Concept
Stats: 225/190/175 Male 70.5"
BF:
Progress: 70%

I sure wish I had come back and read this here, Peggy. I've been so busy with other stuff and fruitlessly trying to gain traction over at DC...I dont know why I didn't check back here. I guess I felt like I was looking like I was obsessing with you or whatever since I'm almost the only other commenter in this thread...I'm not trying to be weird, you are just one of the few people who really "discuss cooking" and get in to detail that I've come across online recently, and some of your recipes have changed my LC paradigm.

Well, not coming here to find your status at DC, got me a hand slap from the DC moderators. You know how these mods operate, its like the social media sites, they send you a warning with some general forum rule and tell you that you have violated it. To their credit, when I said I could not figure out what I had done, they actually replied. My sin? I repeatedly mentioned trying to lure you to the site and didn't know if you had been approved to link, but you hadn't been back. The final violation that got me admonished was mentioning that again...as I was linking one of your recipes! They considered that "poking the moderators" and informed me that posting ANYTHING that even hints at referring to ANY moderator action is a violation. I think the "Soup Nazi" from Seinfeld must be a moderator there!

I'm about done with my re-try at DC. The place is just a foul mood with some of the long time members. That seems to be the problem with so many of these sites. There is a hierarchy and they support and pat each the on the back while being unpleasant and flippant to newbies and especially anyone like me who comes in, writes prolifically and starts posting detailed step by step stuff with pics...like "who am I, and where do I get off acting like I belong?". Had a similar problem on SmokinMeats Forum. A bunch of rear end kissers to the site owner that seem to hawk the site owners products as a solution to nearly every question and thread post.

I have experienced the same thing as you, Peggy, regarding the crickets you hear/see (figuratively) when you put the effort in to posting stuff. Get some lookyloo's but few people who actually comment or participate. Funny thing is, even though this site is nearly dead regarding new cooking and recipe discussions and posts (to this site's credit, they rest on what looks like well over a decade of recipes and cooking activity, and the recipes are all there, albeit aged and better methods are now known for some), I've probably had the best experience here compared to DC and SmokinMeat, etc., as far as the kindness of the people.

Since going back to DC, I've seen 4 nice people leave; citing the arrogance and the criticism and sense of almost belligerence there. I'll share this one PM that sums it up pretty well sent to me by one member in response to an exchange where my first trial post with step by step pics (and I stated it was a trial run) was met with the first reply comment simply saying, "Sorry TLDNR" (too long did not read). It's been removed by moderators along with some others...but pray-tell...I mentioned that in the thread too! Violation! Simply recognizing posts were removed is a big fat no-no...

I got this PM. Of course I will not divulge the members name. I had to edit the first line because of a curse word:

> Subject: What a %!¢k!

Sorry you had to experience that. I appreciated the post.

I might bail from this forum, I think half the people here are retards.

If I end up at a good keto forum, I'll let you know!<

Yep, that's the mood over there. After thinking about it overnight and after working up a post I had to really shorten to try and "please" the short attention spans of the judgemental people there, I think, not only will I not share that recipe (one of mine I've developed over years for Thai Red Curry) and create the post, but I'm going to just refrain from posting there again. When I find myself having personal consternation over a bunch of unpleasant people on an unpleasant site that I elected to engage, it's clear not only is it a waste of my valuable time, but it actually sours my mood throughout the day as it gnaws at me. Life's too short for that crappola.

I will head over to LCNeighborhood, register and see what's happening there. Sounds like it has to be better than DC. I was excited when DC created the new LC forum, but now really disappointed as it seems few participate, and some of those have already gotten mad with the site and left. I have been reminded in the last few weeks why I stopped posting their over two years ago.

PaCarolSue,

You can tell from my long post here that I dont recommend DC now. Your mileage may vary, but I'm soured again about the site.