#22   ^
Old Sat, Dec-07-02, 20:57
Registered Member

Plan: None right now
Stats: 150/144/130 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 30%
Unhappy Vitaglo

I was attracted to the free shipping and my 2 first shipments were fine. However, the third one shipped last summer (to Florida, mind you) was badly packaged using paper shreddings instead of styrofoam chips, so the products felt hot to the touch and one bottle that contained a "slimming" formula looked sucked inwards. I guess after riding around all day in the UPS truck (which I also seem to remember delivered past the date expected) my supplements were affected by the heat. I should have complained right then but because I was out of one of my supplements I'd been anxious to receive my package and was just glad to get them.

Sometime later I had the opportunity to try the Atkins enzymes I'd ordered because I'd had a heavy meal but I had indigestion all night, which wouldn't have happened with the other enzymes I'd taken. I took the enzymes a second time and felt no relief at all so I concluded the excess heat had damaged them. I also noticed to difference with the other products so I wrote Vitaglo but they refused to accept my complaint even though they say on the website they will replace any defective products (I would've settled for a discount on my next order...). I wrote a second time and they completely ignored my e-mail so I've gone back to Vitanet (www.store.yahoo.com/vitanet/), the first online company I'd ordered from.

Vitanet offers good prices, a $1 coupon (that reduces standard shipping charge to $3.95, (free shipping on orders $75+), a large variety of brands, and good packaging. . Another one I've ordered from with good results is www.totaldiscountvitamins.com but I still haven't found one single company that carries all the brands I use, so maybe I'll try one of the ones suggested here.