View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 21:50

Plan: Atkins 06/01/03
Stats: 205/202/135 Female 64 inches
BF:NA/41.7/25%
Progress: 4%

Hi!

I am from India. I love the food and can say that there are lots of food items u can have during ur visit. Also with the walking involved u are bound to get lot of physical activity.

About the meats.. if u go to good hotels.. I bet u will find good and fresh meats. Also the meats are always cooked till done so u don't have to worry about any infections from meat, but u should be vary of the water. Always carry bottled water which is readily available all over the country. You will find lots of cuisines varying per the state u visit.

U may want to carry a small transaltion pocket dictionary to know what u r having. U can always have
Tandoori (baked in wood/coal fired clay oven) which u have in Chicken and Cauliflower which are absolutely to die for. Stay away from the Tandoori Roti though(bread)
Most of the vegetables are cooked in oil or ghee(clarified butter). Most of the dishes use a wide variety of spices.
Onion, Tomato, ginger, garlic, Coriander and coconut are major ingredients in the Vegetable and Meat preparations.
Any vegetable or meat korma can be safely had, but check for potato in korma.
Stay away from Any items which have Dal or a pulse in them. Paneer is homemade ricotta cheese.
You won't find lamb or Beef in India, but you will find plenty of fresh Goat, Chicken and fish.
Always ask for mildly spiced dishes as the Entrees are Spicy to be had with Nan, paratha, Roti or rice
You will also find fresh salads.
If you don't find anything u like u can always go to chinese, thai and continental restaurants. They are in very major city. U will aso find KFC, McDonald's and Pizza hut in big cities.

Enjoy ur Vacation and I hope you come back with Lovely memories. Do try to keep me posted during your visit.

Kranti