Old Sat, Nov-02-02, 10:40
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%
Default Cad/calp Quotes

Zuleikaa's response

I am a severe carbohydrate addict. I tested 58 points (in the summer) out of possible 60 points in the Hellers' carbohydrate addict test. Severe addiction is given a score in the range of 45-65 points.

I have been diagnosed with severe SAD (seasonal affective disorder) caused by a lack of light intensity in the winter which can cause depression, carbohydrate cravings and rapid weight gain/fat storage.

There have been questions raised about the accuracy of facts or suppositions contained in the CAD/CALP diet overview and general rules.

Karen the founder of this board
Quote:
CALP is a solid plan and like any other plan should be followed as written until you're "out of the woods" and are completely comfortable with it as a lifestyle. The Heller's have a lot of sound advice and it's always best to turn back to the source every once in a while for a refresher.

What she said is true and I did as she suggested. If I had adhered to the plans rules re the low carb bars I never would have had one.

Generally, however, I think that my overview is right on the money. You must remember that this diet is for carbohydrate addicts only and does not purport to serve other audiences. Nor by affirming it on this board did I mean to slight any other program.

I apologize for any offense that was given. None was intended. I also did not intend for my comments to be sweeping or generalized but rather just to apply to carbohydrate adicts alone, especially severe ones.

That being said, I will let the Hellers' speak for themselve. You can decide how accruate I was in the overview and general rules.
These are direct quotes from the CAD/CALP books:
Sponsored Links