View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-20, 08:56

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Happy New Year, all! And new Decade too!

I posted last on the thread before so not tooooo much to add here!

DH got his new car brought home yesterday. He is really happy and excited about it, which is nice. He's not really a car guy so it is fun to see.

All the kids were here last night for Crazy Dinner and games. One thing that was really funny is seeing how Crazy Dinner has changed through the years.
The first year we did it, five or six years ago, there was SO MUCH JUNK. I think I grabbed a frozen lasagna or something just so there would be some actual food.
This year, the only sweet thing was fresh fruit and cool whip! We had a very international meal: chicken street tacos (DH), Chicken tikka masala (me), pot stickers (DS21), spanakopita (DS18), Hebrew National pigs in blankets (SoIL), garlic bread (DD24) and the fruit and cool whip (DS21GF, who played from the airport while waiting in customs and then joined us straight from the airport! lol) It was really quite the feast! I pulled out a frozen pie I had bought from a neighbor kid over a year ago that had never even been unwrapped or thawed, and none of us even touched it. I sent it with DD and SoIL when they left to go to a party. They left around 9:30, as did DS21 and his GF to go to a different party. DS18 watched a movie on his laptop and DH and I watched Noelle on the Disney+ channel. We then toasted in the New Year with DS18. It was actually pretty perfect.

We played Bananagrams and LCR for games. They look forward to LCR every year.

So, New Year and New Decade! I feel good about the upcoming decade, I really do. A new phase of life for DH and myself will be starting and a new phase of life for my family as a whole. I bet and hope that I will be a grandma by the end of this decade. Wow, talk about a life change, right?

I have signed up for two classes through the 50+ Center here. One is a Barre and Balance class that meets twice a week, and one is a Tai Chi Chih class. I'm focusing on core body strength, mindfulness and balance building. They start next week, all in the afternoon at either 1 or 2 PM and go to mid-March. Then I will have my CASA visit one morning a week, and any doula work or reception desk work on other days. Or just hang out, do housework and laundry etc. I think this will be a good balance for me!

Today is pottery painting in the afternoon and then Japanese Hibachi for dinner. Back on the LC train tomorrow and full steam ahead.

Hugs to all of you. Grateful for your friendship and support in my life through the years. Here's to us and this new decade!! xoxox

PS- DANG that posted so fast it was shocking!!