View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Apr-20-24, 04:34

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Until recently the prevailing scientific belief was that “the immune system stopped at the neck”. Put like that — by Dr Monty Lyman in his third book, The Immune Mind: The New Science of Health — it sounds ridiculous. But yes, he confirms, speaking on Zoom from his home in Oxford, “it’s been assumed for almost the whole history of modern western medicine that the brain and the immune system are completely separate”.

I refused drugs because I thought they were on the wrong track, and they had nothing else to offer me. I am vindicated!

Quote:
It’s crucial to our understanding of medicine, he says. “There’s no mental health condition that isn’t also physical, and there’s no physical health condition that isn’t also mental. That’s hugely important, whether you’re recovering from depression or a broken leg.”

I had autistic burnout in addition to my autoimmune, and I noticed how the conditions would go badly, in tandem. If I was clumsy, it was a sign I wasn't thinking clearly, either. Which is why my improvement recently is so welcome, because I'm also thinking better.

This has huge implications for everyone's health. This must be part of why obesity is so dangerous to health, and why a simple infection can be much more of a threat.